EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM
We believe a solid foundation in the early years is critical to future success in learning, which is why our teachers take every opportunity to encourage the growth of your child with love, patience, and understanding. Our program not only offers children what they need to prepare for future schoolwork and life experiences, but also instills a positive self-image, confidence in their abilities, and the assurance of God’s love. Our goal is to help your child grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and academically.
Our classroom teachers allow expression through pretend play, drawings, and words in a rich language environment that allows for rapid advancement of language skills. Sensory exploration is also provided to support varying learning styles.
Gross and fine motor development is supported with varying physical activities inside and outside of their classroom. Our large, well-groomed facility allows for various activities that help your child gain a sense of physical confidence. Social skills and emotional development are the primary focuses of our preschool programs, helping to prepare your child for future success in school.
St. John Lutheran School offers three levels of early childhood education beginning at age 3 and culminating with a full-day Kindergarten class. Students can be accepted at any appropriate level, but space in these classes is limited, so you are encouraged to apply early.
3 YEAR OLD PRE-KINDERGARTEN (3K)
- 8:30am-11:30am (M/W/F)
- 8:30am-11:30am (T/Th)
- Must be 3 years old by September 1st
- Must be toilet trained
Through play and hands-on activities, your child will develop:
- Pre-reading skills through stories, rhymes, songs, and finger plays.
- Pre-math skills through calendar time, counting, and sorting.
- A stronger Christian faith through Bible stories, prayers, and songs.
- Gross and fine motor skills through activities like art, music, supervised play, and field trips.
4 YEAR OLD PRE-KINDERGARTEN (4K)
- 8:30am-11:30am (M-F)
- Must be 4 years old by September 1st
Our half day, full week program is designed to prepare your 4-year-old for kindergarten through:
- Reading and math readiness skills sessions.
- Daily Bible stories, songs, and weekly chapel
- Art and music activities.
- Dramatic play to develop social skills.
- Weekly technology lab and library visits.
- Field trips, gym, and outdoor play.
- 7:30am- 2:35pm (M-F)
- Must be 5 years old by September 1st
Kindergarten is a full day program that includes phonics, reading readiness, developmental thinking, mathematical relationships, religion, science, Spanish, and social studies. Emphasis is placed on individual academic, social, and spiritual development as the foundation for future school success. Students also develop skills in social relationships and personal responsibility.