Skip Navigation
Contact Us
SCRIP – PAY TUITION OR DONATE TO SJL WHILE YOU SHOP
 
SCRIP is a great program that allows families to raise money for tuition or donate to SJL by using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards for everyday purchases. SCRIP is a term that means “substitute money." When you purchase SCRIP, you are purchasing gift certificates and prepaid gift cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday expenses such as gas, groceries, clothing, restaurants, and other essentials. With every purchase, you earn revenue for St. John Lutheran Church and School and, if applicable, earn money to be used towards next year’s tuition. 
 
Click here to visit the SCRIP website to browse what companies participate in the SCRIP program.
 
IT'S A NATURAL FIT FOR ANY LIFESTYLE
 
Imagine a typical day …you fill the SUV up with gas, drop off your children at school, and head to work. You eat a lunch salad at McDonalds and swing by Walmart to get some groceries. This fairly normal day, if you use SCRIP, could earn $5 for St. John! It doesn’t sound like much, does it? But what if EVERY member of your family, even grandparents, did the same thing? You can support our church and school and reduce your tuition payments without spending any more than you already do.
 
HOW DOES SCRIP BENEFIT SJL?
 
The SCRIP center acts on behalf of churches, schools, and other non-profit organizations to purchase large amounts of SCRIP from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the SCRIP is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. We buy the SCRIP at a discount and re-sell the certificates to families like yours at full face value.
 
HOW SCRIP SAVES YOU MONEY ON YOUR CHILD'S TUITION
 
When you purchase SCRIP, a portion of each gift card returns to us as a profit. St. John Lutheran retains 10% of the profit and you choose how the other 90% is applied.
 
You can apply it towards:
  • St. John Lutheran School as a tuition credit or a donation.
  • St. John Lutheran Church
  • Sheboygan Lutheran High School
  • Concordia University
  • St. John Lutheran Student Assistance Fund (Donated to a specific family or give to help a less fortunate family).
Please Note: SCRIP totals are tallied each Spring and the accumulated balance is paid the towards the following school year’s tuition. 
 
WHEN TO PURCHASE SCRIP
 
You can purchase SCRIP:
  • During the week from Monday through Friday from 6:45 AM-3:15 PM at the church and school office. 
  • On Saturday following the 4:30 PM worship service in the fellowship hall.
  • On Sunday from 9:00 AM-10:30 AM in the fellowship hall.
  • Members of our church family can also purchase SCRIP electronically.
 
CASH & CHECK POLICY
 
Checks must be for the exact amount of an order. There will be no cash returned for out of stock items. Please do not write your check until you have confirmed that your order is in stock.
 
Questions?
 
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Rank at (920) 207-4655 or Liza Helmrick at (920) 229-4456.

Learning for Life Living for Christ